PRE-ENROLMENT, ENROLMENT, AND TUITION FEES
No payment is required. The payment will only be made upon Enrolment when the course has been confirmed to run.
- Tuition Fees
BabeliUM has two types of tuition fees for its courses, the internal and the external tuition fee.
Internal tuition fee: University of Minho’s students, teaching and non-teaching staff; AAEUM (Alumni Association of the University of Minho) members; Casa do Professor members; International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) researchers; unemployed persons (properly demonstrated); schools belonging to the APPEAL network (teachers, and students above 16 / minors only with authorisation from their parents or guardians); AFUM (Staff Association) members and respective descendants; students enrolled in the preparation course for Higher Education Attendance (over 23 years old). To be entitled to this tuition fee, the interested party should, when filling their application form, enclose the respective documents of proof.
The prices offered by BabeliUM are very low and are destined to cover its running costs. They also allow for the learning of less taught languages and the launch of specialised training courses.
Therefore, we cannot offer any discounts apart from the tuition fees defined as “internal”. We ask all students and general public for their understanding.
BabeliUM may extend the access to the “internal” tuition fees by establishing cooperation protocols, and by temporarily establishing special campaigns.
– Elements required for Enrolment:
- Application form
- Copy of a valid ID or passport (for students enrolling in the Courses of Portuguese as a Foreign Language)
- Copy of the VAT number
- Proof of UM student status / AAEUM member card / Casa do Professor member card / proof of INL researcher status / teaching or non-teaching staff card / proof of unemployed status / proof of enrolment in the preparation course for Higher Education Attendance (over 23 years old)
- Payment of the tuition fee
- Confirmation of knowledge and acceptance of the General Norms that regulate courses
- Minors only with authorisation from their parents or guardians: Declaration Model
Enrolment must be done though our online application form in our website www.babelium.ilch.uminho.pt
Foreign Language Courses – http://babelium.ilch.uminho.pt/inscricao/
Courses of Portuguese as a Foreign Language – http://babelium.ilch.uminho.pt/enrollment-portuguese-language/